As many of you know, I recently participated in and spoke at the 16th Annual International Leadership Association (ILA) Global Conference in San Diego. The exchange of ideas around the path to success in business (and life) was amazing. I especially found the Keynote address by Connie Matsui to be both thoughtful and inspiring.
The theme of this year conference was conscious leading for global change through the emergence of our collective realities. It was an inspirational and transformational event, to say the least. The best part? I had an opportunity to network with some of the most influential thought leaders in the world.
Here is what I have learned:
1. Be Courageous – Be your own champion, until others start to champion your success! It often takes a time to deliver a significant impact in an organization. Accordingly, it is imperative to stay courageous until you can prove what you are capable of doing with and for the team.
“We all know business financial performance improves when more women are in senior levels of management and leadership.” ~ Beth Brook
2. Be Determined – Couple your time and skills with your deep desire to make it BIG! Embrace the mindset of the champion and just run with it. This is a powerful key for you to succeed on the way to the top.
“What does it take to be a champion? Desire, dedication, determination, concentration and the will to win.” ~Beth Brook
3. Be Disciplined – It takes a lot of discipline to achieve and maintain success! While we may try, we cannot “fix” everything; instead, we should focus on areas that will make the biggest impact. Know what your priorities are – and stick to them!
“Without discipline, there’s no life at all.” ~
4. Be Resilient – Make small changes each and every day! Be ready for the marathon, not a sprint.
“ I have willpower and determination. I am very resilient, like a rock.” ~ Carnie Wilson
5. Be Responsible – More than ever it is essential to take responsibility for our choices and decisions while we lead others.
“ One’s philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes… and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
6. Be Supportive – HELP your team members, especially other women! During times of change or uncertainty, your support, guidance, and encouragement can profoundly benefit both you and your team. In the end, you will create relationships that encourage a fearless free flow of ideas that just may lead to the Next Big Thing!
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” ~ Helen Keller
Thank you for following, commenting and sharing my posts with others!
Leave a Legacy – A Legacy That Matters!
Be a Legend – Your Legendary Way!
Learn… Lead… Love… Izabela Lundberg (@IzabelaLundberg) is CEO and Founder of Izabela Lundberg International. She is an Executive Consultant, Trainer & Speaker for Fortune 500 and Professional Athletes & Coaches. She is #1 International Best Selling Author & Leading Authority of Leadership Transformation From Fear to Greatness. Drawing on her extensive global business management, diversity, and high-performance impact expertise through her work with people from over 80 countries, Izabela also writes and speaks on topics such us Strategic Leadership & Influence, Legacy Leadership, & #HighPerformance #Impact.