Do you often feel compelled to constantly “do”, consume and create more? If so, trust me – you are not alone. The fact is that we live in a culture that drives us to do just that.
As our days get packed with meetings, projects and deadlines our life can feel full and rich or meaningless and empty. It can be heart breaking when we look up from our busy lives and feel empty. And while we may try, it’s hard to hide those emotions from our peers, partners, friends, and family. It’s also damn hard to be on top of our game.
Now you may wonder what to do about it. How to make a change and move forward? I would suggest that if you are taking the few minutes to read this latest posting, that you are still in the game. The fact is you are ready to embrace and share your leadership potential! How?
1. Act Now – And be crystal clear regarding your goals and objectives! Nike was only partially right. Yes, “Just do it” is a great start. If your goal is to run a marathon, then pull up your socks, slip on some Nike’s and take the first step. Do you need a plan to start the journey? No. But you do need one to cross the finish line. And don’t forget…you must first believe you will finish.
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Off you go…
2. Create New Opportunities – Be an opportunity maker, not a taker! Successful people are always looking for ways to help others.
To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities” ~ Bruce Lee
Be as powerful as Bruce Lee! (He is still my hero!) Who you are looking up to today? Who is your hero or role model? You may be surprised what traits you may have in common and how much value you bring to the table.
3. Embrace Change – Cut through the complexity and jump on new opportunities! Focus on only one or two at a time. Yes, less can mean more!
Any time there is change, there is opportunity. So it is paramount that an organization get energized rather than paralyzed. “ ~ Jack Welch, former CEO of GE
4. Seek Simplicity – Gain success fast…really fast!
Simplicity is the watchword for managing people. Motivation, not legislation, moves people to perform.” ~ William Lohs, former President & CEO, SmartAge
5. Be the Role Model – Lead by example! You might be surprised how much faster your team responds to your actions rather than to your words.
Role modeling is by far the best teacher… and you being watched every second of the day.” ~ Lee Cockerell, former VP of Operations, Walt Disney World Resort
6. Be a Life Long Learner – Study and master the skills that you need to further your progress. It’s not always easy but breaking a sweat is part of the game – nothing gets done without true efforts.
Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class.” ~ Choi Hong Hi
7. Embrace Your Weaknesses – The Sooner the Better!
We all have inner demons to fight. We call these demons ‘fear’, and ‘hatred’, and ‘anger’. If you don’t conquer them, then a life of a hundred years… is a tragedy. If you do, a life of a single day can be a triumph.” ~ Yip Man
8. Harness Your Expertise – Then Your Teams! Be unstoppable! If you can’t do that at your current company then you are working at the wrong place.
The person who figures out how to harness the collective genius of the people in his or her organization is going to blow the competition away.” ~ Walter Wriston, former Citibank CE
9. Enjoy Your Successes – No matter how many times you fail, get up and keep going! Just continue believing in yourself. This quote sums it so well:
That man is successful who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much, who has gained the respect of the intelligent men and the love of children; who has filled his niche and accomplished his task; who leaves the world better than he found it, whether by an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul; who never lacked appreciation of earth’s beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in others and gave the best he had.” ~ Robert Louis Stevenson, Scottish author
Leave a Legacy – A Legacy that matters! Be a Legend – In Your Own Legendary Way!
Please share your thoughts, ideas, inspirations, challenges, and solutions – I read and respond to all of your comments.
Learn… Lead… Love… Izabela Lundberg (@IzabelaLundberg) is CEO and Founder of Izabela Lundberg International. She is an Executive Consultant, Trainer & Speaker for Fortune 500 and Professional Athletes & Coaches. She is #1 International Best Selling Author & Leading Authority of Leadership Transformation From Fear to Greatness. Drawing on her extensive global business management, diversity, and high-performance impact expertise through her work with people from over 80 countries, Izabela also writes and speaks on topics such us Strategic Leadership & Influence, Legacy Leadership, & #HighPerformance #Impact.
#changemanagement #executiveleadership #talentdevelopmentamptransformation #transformationalleadership #AuthenticInfluenceampImpact #ChangeManagementStrategy #organizationaleffectiveness #change #IzabelaLundbergInternational #IzabelaLundberg