Have you ever wondering why some business’ fail during tough times while others succeed?
Today’s decision-making challenges require a new perspective to not only survive but thrive as the economics of the country – and the world – continue to change
On a more personal level, you may reflect on your current situation at work, home or life and think that your situation is a “mission impossible”. Or maybe not. In the end, it’s all about perspective and attitude.
As you contemplate your own “mission”, you may give some thought to how famous leaders have navigated so well through seemingly impossible times. This, I believe, is where life gets really interesting…regardless of how big or small the events or situations that you are living with and through right now. Spoiler alert: How you deal with NOW has absolutely nothing to do with the local, national or global economy.
Based on my personal experience and collaboration with great leaders, these are the steps that may help you thrive during tough times:
1. Act Optimistically & Positively – Your positive life view can make a critical difference in the outcome! Not surprisingly, many studies suggest that optimists see life more realistically than pessimists. And that this outlook can be essential in making the right business decisions. If you are struggling to keep your brain positive – retrain your thinking!
2. Ask Coworkers & Team Members for Feedback – Engage your staff in the process of critical thinking and decision making; even in challenging circumstances like making cuts (budgetary savings) or restructuring your organization (streamlining the process).
3. Be Courageous & Fearless – By any measure, I believe that this is the most important virtue that makes all things possible. Courage is the key ingredient when making important decisions through fearless leadership, strategic & integrated innovation and, of course, sales and negotiations.
4. Be Ready to Reinvent Yourself – Moments of struggles are the best moments to embrace change and adapt as a leader! To thrive as a leader, you may have to make significant changes to your leadership style or business strategy. By focusing on the end goal, you will be able realize your highest and greatest potential!
5. Keep Connecting & Networking – It leads to more career satisfaction, promotions, and higher pay! Not only can you leverage more support from your mentors and peers, you create a sense of belonging through personal relationships with high performing individuals and teams.
6. Promote & Market More, Not Less – Fight harder and smarter for your current and future customer! In difficult times, your competition may cut back on advertising. I say that this leaves more room for you and your organization to stand out and be more noticed.
7. Seek Opportunities While Facing Problems – You may be surprised how new trends and market needs will drive enhancement for a customer service! This is excellent opportunity to advance, support and provide additional value to your existing customers.
Leave a Legacy – A Legacy that matters! Be a Legend – In Your Own Legendary Way!
Please share your thoughts, ideas, inspirations, challenges, and solutions – I read and respond to all of your comments.
Learn… Lead… Love…
Izabela Lundberg (@IzabelaLundberg) is an Executive Leadership Consultant, Coach & Speaker for Fortune 500 & Professional Athletes. Drawing on her extensive global business, diversity and high impact performance experience working with people in over 80 countries, Izabela also writes and speaks on topics such us Legacy Leadership,Strategic Leadership & Influence & #HighImpactPerformance.