Are you experiencing a high-level of change at home or work? Dealing with so many decisions and not sure what to do? Is fear stopping you from moving forward? Would you like to know how to get from where you are to where you want to be?
You are not alone! So many people today are feeling “stuck”…confronted with “impossible” obstacles…or simply paralyzed by fear. When we experience these feelings in our personal and professional lives, many of us just don’t know what to do. Which brings us back to fear and it’s most common manifestations: fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of success, and the dreaded fear of letting someone down.
True, right? This is when we get emotionally overwhelmed; that little voice inside our head that sabotages our progress on the path to greatness (to be the best we can be). As a result, we can feel afraid, ashamed and vulnerable. All of which can keep us from asking for – and ultimately getting – the help we need to push through that impossible obstacle we call Fear.
But what if we toss caution off the cliff and ask for help? Not easy for many of us, I know. However, I believe that our mutual shared experiences can help both the teacher and the student claim their own SuperPower. That is the state of an unparalleled ability to exert positive influence and empowerment upon ourselves and others. And to do so regardless of the situation. How? By cultivating our emotional intelligence.
Let’s take a look what we can learn from the following lessons:
1. Business Lessons:
If it is a wrong or unnecessary thing to do, who cares how well you can do it! You are wasting your two most precious assets: time and energy!” ~ The World Messenger
To succeed, we must:
- Create, then lead with value both internally and externally. Demand has never been higher for organizations to embrace this fundamental business philosophy.
- Embrace “Agile Ability” (moving quickly and easily through complex changes) in our, day-to-day operation
- Adjust to long hours, virtual teams, work from home and to be available for 10-12 hours per day. Even taking and making calls/e-mails over the weekend.
2. Sports Lessons:
My love and passion for the game and being on the stage kept me to be and stay focused.” ~ Merril Hoge, Espn NFL Analyst & Former NFL Player
- Always give your best – every single day as much as you can
- Develop a winning mentality coupled with high endurance and impact
- Preserve your energy for things that matter
- Stay positive regardless of the situation and NEVER, EVER GIVE UP!
3. Life Lessons:
Common sense is not that common.” ~ Mike Haynes, Former NFL Player
- Be bold and challenge yourself (and influence those around you) as much as you can
- Passionately develop your own skill-sets and personal competencies
- Surround yourself with great mentors, friends, and coaches. They can and will help you overcome the “impossible”.
Looking for more information? I have great news for you! Earlier this week, I was a guest on the Voice America program, The Business Edge, hosted by Marcia Zidle. Marcia is an Executive Leadership & Emotional Intelligence Consultant…and a very gracious host. If you missed the show, you can listen to the recording.
You can also claim a copy of my new book The World Messenger: From Fear to Greatness: Business, Sports & Life Lessons via a pre-sale special.
Leave a Legacy – A Legacy that matters! Be a Legend – In Your Own Legendary Way!
Please share your thoughts, ideas, inspirations, challenges, and solutions – I read and respond to all of your comments.
Learn… Lead… Love… Izabela Lundberg (@IzabelaLundberg) is CEO and Founder of Izabela Lundberg International. She is an Executive Consultant, Trainer & Speaker for Fortune 500 and Professional Athletes & Coaches. She is #1 International Best Selling Author & Leading Authority of Leadership Transformation From Fear to Greatness. Drawing on her extensive global business management, diversity, and high-performance impact expertise through her work with people from over 80 countries, Izabela also writes and speaks on topics such us Strategic Leadership & Influence, Legacy Leadership, & #HighPerformance #Impact.