It is magical today in Colorado! New fluffy snow is a perfect addition to a Holiday Season full of celebrations, reflections, and yearly review. This moment is also dedicated to YOU; all the wonderful global professional, acquaintances, leaders, and friends that make the world better, more effective, and more purposeful, especially through business accomplishments and exceptional leadership – Thank You!
As I am making tremendous progress on my new book that is being shaped in ways I never imaged possible, I want to use this opportunity to express my deep gratitude to the accomplished and successful professional athletes and coaches across more than seven top sports around the world! Your trust and belief in me assisted me to build unthinkable tenacity.
I can’t wait to unveil more details with a full list of names beginning in 2015!
Until then, I would like to share the simple, yet profound, a power of knowledge concept through the art of asking questions to accomplished and successful leaders.
If you are ready to take your game to yet another level, you may want to consider asking this:
1. Who is a person that you considered as a role model early in your life? How and why does this person impact your life?
2. How did you decide to pursue the career that you are working in today?
3. What are the most important decisions that you face daily as a leader in your organization?
4. How do you maintain your and your team’s daily motivation and inspiration despite obstacles, pushback or setbacks?
5. How do you foster creative and innovative thinking within your organization? How are ideas shared and implemented within your organization?
6. What is most important to you and your organization – mission, vision, or core values? Why?
7. Have you shared core values and visions with other leaders within your organization? Why? Why not?
8. How do you assist a new employee to understand the culture of your organization?
9. What advice would you give a new employee going into a leadership position for the first time?
10. What are the most useful resources that you would recommend to someone looking to gain a better perspective of becoming a better leader?
11. How do you decide who the best candidate is for your team or organization?
12. What are the most lacking traits among the leaders today?
13. What are the most important traits of successful leaders today?
14. What is the most important characteristic that every leader should possess?
15. What are the most pressing challenges that leaders are facing today? And why?
16. Do you have a mentor? If so, what traits are you seeking in a mentor and why?
17. What are you doing daily to ensure your growth and development continues as a leader?
As you are exploring these questions, please share with me what you ask other leaders when you have the opportunity. What are your favorite questions and why? What can you implement today?
As you are exiting 2014 with a clear mindset of what is truly important to you and how to deal with challenges in personal and professional life, you may want to consider watching the “Unbroken” movie by Angelina Jolie. Why? It is a masterpiece! The song “Miracle”, by my favorite group Coldplay, is an excellent addition to this exceptional movie.
“I’d made it this far and refused to give up because all my life I had always finished the race.” ~ Louis Zamperini
In the end, there is so much to learn from athletes and coaches, especially those involved in the Olympics. It is significantly relevant to everything we do daily in our personal and professional life.
Leave a Legacy – Legacy that Matters! Be a Legend – Your Legendary Way!
To your significant performance and impact in 2015!
Learn… Lead… Love… Izabela Lundberg (@IzabelaLundberg) is CEO and Founder of Izabela Lundberg International. She is an Executive Consultant, Trainer & Speaker for Fortune 500 and Professional Athletes & Coaches. She is #1 International Best Selling Author & Leading Authority of Leadership Transformation From Fear to Greatness. Drawing on her extensive global business management, diversity, and high-performance impact expertise through her work with people from over 80 countries, Izabela also writes and speaks on topics such us Strategic Leadership & Influence, Legacy Leadership, & #HighPerformance #Impact.